COVID 19 Plan
There is no higher priority to the entire Deschutes County Title Team than the safety of our customers and employees. We are in the business of serving people and in the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic we want to communicate to you the procedures all of us at Deschutes County Title are following to minimize risk. We always want to be sure you feel confident when closing at Deschutes County Title. Please check back often for updates.
For answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) please click here.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have enhanced some of our procedures in the interest of our customer’s and employees health and safety.
- Our office doors may be closed or locked, however, we are open for business between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm.
- Please call us upon arrival to any of our offices. If you are unable to call, please knock if you have an appointment and some one will come to open the door momentarily. If you do not have an appointment you will need to call and schedule or take advantage of our drop locations.
- We have added drop locations for your convenience and safety. The Bend drop location is a secure box located outside our north main entrance. The Redmond branch drop is a mail drop built into the left main door just below eye level.
- If you or someone you have been around has been sick, please stay home and reschedule your closing.
- Talk with your escrow officer about utilizing some of our electronic signature technologies to limit time in the closing room.
- At any time contact your escrow officer to explore alternative signing options, such as a remote notary, “parking lot” signings, or an alternative location.
- Signings are limited to appointments only and are for those individuals necessary to sign for the transaction.
- When you come into our offices for a closing, know we have prepared for your arrival.
- We will welcome you with a wave instead of a handshake.
- We will have hand sanitizer available for use upon your arrival.
- Our staff will be washing their hands before and after each closing.
- Our closing rooms will be cleaned after each closing.
- Our lobby areas will be cleaned multiple times each day.
- Each person present in a closing will receive their own pen for signing and should take it home after completing the signing.
Thank you for trusting Deschutes County Title and your decision to close with us. Although this outbreak has us all in uncharted territory, Deschutes County Title is committed to navigating through this time while keeping your health, safety and confidence in us as your closing partner at the forefront of everything we do.
Please contact your escrow officer or sales representative if you have any questions on how Deschutes County Title is working to ensure your health and safety.